Building Evidence for Policy Action on the Care Economy
For In-person Attendance: Lunch available at 1:30pm with program to begin at 2:00pm).
For Virtual Attendance: Note: for virtual attendees the event will begin at 2:00pm
Heavy and unequal care responsibilities remain one of the most significant barriers to gender equality. A feminist approach that understands care as a right is a necessary foundation to establish better support and equality for care work. Please join us for a high-level discussion for both in-person and virtual attendees on care policy globally, regionally, and nationally with the Government of Canada, the Government of Kenya, the Government of Mexico, APCO Worldwide, Data2X, the Global Alliance for Care, and Oxfam Canada.
The Governments of Canada, Kenya, and Mexico are global leaders on care policy initiatives and will share learnings from across their regions. Convening civil society, multilaterals, and governments under the auspices of the 78th UN General Assembly and the midpoint toward achieving the SDGs, this event will provide a critical platform to discuss the importance of investing in care and using data on care for effective policymaking.
Anticipated speakers include:
- Honorable Harriette Chiggai, Women’s Rights Advisor to the President of Kenya
- Dr. Nadine Gasman, President of the National Institute of Women of Mexico (INMUJERES)
- Emilienne de León, Technical Secretariat, Global Alliance for Care
- Krista Jones Baptista, Executive Director, Data2X
- Fati N’Zi-Hassane, Director of Oxfam in Africa
- Seema Jalan, Deputy Director of Policy Advocacy & Communications, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- TBC, Government of Canada
- Moderated by Margery Kraus, Founder & Chair, APCO Worldwide