- This event has passed.
Celebrating International Equal Pay Day: Building back a better future of work by ensuring pay equity – A global call to action
On the occasion of the first International Equal Pay Day, the Equal Pay International Coalition (EPIC) is organizing a virtual global Call to Action encouraging all labour market actors to take the necessary steps to ensure that equal pay is at the heart of the COVID-19 recovery efforts worldwide. The event will comprise a panel discussion with leading governments, global equal pay activists, academics, business leaders, and trade unionists, such as former Minister of Social Affairs and Equality of Iceland Thorsteinn Viglundsson, Captain of US National Women’s Soccer team Megan Rapinoe, and journalist and equal pay advocate Samira Ahmed, followed by remarks from the EPIC Secretariat, Director General of International Labour Organization Guy Ryder, Deputy Executive Director of UN Women Asa Regner, and Secretary General of OECD José Angel Gurria.
Moderated by Nozipho Tshabalala.
- Thorsteinn Viglundsoon former minister of social affairs and equality, Iceland
- Megan Rapinoe, Captain of US National Women’s Soccer team
- Samira Ahmed, BBC journalist
- Kristin Skogen Lund, CEO of Schibsted ASA Norway
- Iris Bohnet, Harvard Kennedy School Professor and Academic Dean
- Nadia Soubat, Executive Bureau Member from CDT Morocco
Remarks by the EPIC Secretariat:
- Guy Ryder, Director General, ILO
- Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, OECD
- Asa Regner, Deputy Executive Director, UN Women
Call to action:
- Sylvie Durrer, Swiss representative and Chair of EPIC
Representatives of the EPIC Steering Committee will participate in a curtain raiser video.
Zoom connection details will be shared by email on Wednesday, 16 September.
Please register by Wednesday, 16 September.
Join the conversation by using #EqualPayDay and follow us on Twitter at @epic2030.
For further information, see International Equal Pay Day: only together can we build a more inclusive and fair world of work