Charting the Future: Utilizing Legal Tools to End FGM/C in the US
Join us for an in-person panel discussion with human rights advocates, survivors, US and International high level stakeholders to discuss the problem of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) in the United States and reveal tools to map progress and combat the practice through the law.
Jill Thompson, Regional Representative North America and Global Lead on Adolescent Girls, Equality Now
- Shivangi Misra, Global Legal Advisor at Equality Now
- Caitlin LeMay, Executive Director at the US End FGM/C Network
- Kate Finley, Senior Attorney Human Rights Violator Law Division Office of the Principal Legal Advisor, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Absa Samba, Activist and Co-Founder of the Washington Coalition to End FGM/C
- Mariam Anaïs Gnakra, LL.M (she/her/hers), Legal Analyst , The World Bank