Climate in the geopolitical context of today
Climate, energy, food and global security are more connected than ever. Events this year have exposed the fragility of our systems and the risks posed by our short-term decision-making when faced with competing and connected global challenges. How we tackle these challenges together is one of the biggest questions of our time.
This opening session will ask leaders:
- What bold choices are needed now to keep the promise of peace, prosperity and the Paris Agreement?
- How do we harness the moment to drive climate action?
- How do we stop global security and energy concerns being used against the net zero transition?
- How do we address the interlinked risks of conflict, energy and food security?
- What shared solutions are available today?
This session is part of the Opening Ceremony for Climate Week NYC on September 19. Get more info on the other sessions of the day on the Opening Ceremony page, as well as the themes and events taking place as part of The Hub Live on September 20-21.