- This event has passed.
Innovating for a sustainable, voluntary blood supply
To view the recording of this event, click here.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, countries around the world have experienced significant drops in the number of voluntary blood donors, leading to
critical shortages in the blood supply globally.
During this event, public health leaders from government, the private sector and non- governmental organizations will discuss the innovative ways they are addressing blood shortages in their countries – particularly through the use of technology.
Join the conversation to learn more about the importance of a voluntary, safe blood supply and the lessons learned in combating blood shortages during the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Mauricio Beltrán, Regional Advisor for Blood and Transplant Services, PAHO
– Debra BenAvram, FASAE, CAE, Chief Executive Officer of AABB
– Dr. Emanuele Capobianco Director, Health & Care, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
– Nadine Eaton, Head of Marketing, NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT)
– KX Jin, Head of Health, Facebook
– Dr. Ruby Khan, Deputy Director, SBTC and Blood Cell, Govt. of MP, India
– Arti Kulkarni, Product Manager, Facebook
– Ravi Reddy, Chief Operations Officer, South African National Blood Service