Planetary Party: Exploring the Intersection of Earth, Oceans, Politics, and Space
This session will explore how Space can be a force to achieve the SDGs, and how Politics can amplify this power, or get in the way of it. The session’s panelists are former government leaders, astronauts, and those looking to turn the space curious into the space serious. The panelists include:
- Olivier Colom – Former Senior Advisor to French President
- H.E. Serge Telle – Former Prime Minister of Monaco (most likely joining remotely)
- Christina Korp – Astronaut Wrangler, Turning the Space Curious into the Space Serious
- Sara Sabry – First African, Egyptian, and Arab Astronaut, Founder of the Deep Space Initiative
- Moderated by Scott Cunningham
The session will focus on answering the following questions and more in an engaging and interactive session:
- What are the connections and dependencies between Earth, oceans, politics, and space, and how can we manage them better?
- How can science and technology promote sustainable development and conservation of natural resources while also supporting economic growth?
- What policies and governance structures can promote international cooperation on science, technology, and innovation, and ensure equitable access to their benefits?
- How can we responsibly use space resources and technology, manage their risks and benefits, and promote global cooperation and development?
- How can we increase public awareness and engagement on the importance of Earth, oceans, politics, and space, and the need for international cooperation to address the challenges we face?