Preventing the Next Pandemic: Are We Ready to Take Responsibility?
**Registration: This event is an in-person meeting with a capacity limit. To register, please email us at [email protected] before Tuesday, 12 September. We will confirm your registration via email, subject to availability.
The Panel for a Global Public Health Convention, together with the Government of Malaysia, is pleased to invite you to a Panel discussion, Preventing the Next Pandemic: Are We Ready to Take Responsibility? during the 78th UN General Assembly on September 18, 2023, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM EST.
Join us for a panel discussion on how to deliver accountability for the future Pandemic Accord, International Health Regulations, and upcoming UN Political Declaration on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness & Response.
- Opening remarks by Dr Muhammad Radzi Abu Hassan, Director-General of Health, Malaysia
- Laura Chinchilla Miranda, Vice-President, World Leadership Alliance – Club de Madrid & Former President of Costa Rica
- Jane Halton, Chair, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations
- Barbara Stocking, Chair, Panel for a Global Public Health Convention
- Ricardo Baptista Leite, President, UNITE Global Parliamentarians Network to End Infectious Diseases & CEO, The International Digital Health and AI Research Collaborative (I-DAIR)
- Jorge Saavedra, Executive Director, AHF Global Public Health Institute
- Jackline Kiarie, Regional Programme Manager, Amref & former Board Member at the Pandemic Fund
- Speaker from Brazil
The Panel will discuss:
- How to leverage the lessons learned from past health emergencies, like COVID-19 and Ebola, to stop future outbreaks from becoming pandemics.
- The governance and accountability mechanisms needed to strengthen pandemic prevention, preparedness and response.
- Ways to ensure the UN Political Declaration on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response is translated into action.
We hope you are able to join us!