The Race Against the Silent Killer
Controlling hypertension is a matter of life and death—yet it remains neglected, underprioritized and vastly underfunded.
On September 19, join Resolve to Save Lives, the World Health Organization and Bloomberg Philanthropies to mark the launch of the first-ever WHO Global Report on Hypertension and explore strategies to accelerate hypertension prevention and control.
VIRTUAL EVENT DETAILS:
Title: The Race Against a Silent Killer
Date and time: September 19, 2023, 8:00 – 9:20 a.m. EST
- President Nana Akufo-Addo, Republic of Ghana
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization
- Michael Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg Philanthropies, and World Health Organization Ambassador for Noncommunicable Diseases
- Dr. Tom Frieden, President and CEO, Resolve to Save Lives
- Dr. Bente Mikkelsen, NCD Director, Word Health Organization
- Dr. Teodoro Javier Herbosa, Secretary of the Department of Health of the Philippines
- Terrence Deyalsingh, Minister of Health, Republic of Trinidad &Tobago