- This event has passed.
The SDG Moment
Hosted by Secretary-General António Guterres, governments, civil society, local authorities, international organizations and the private sector, along with other relevant stakeholders will mark the Decade of Action for Sustainable Development. They will come together to generate renewed urgency, ambition, accountability and transformative possibility.
View it here.
As the world is grappling with the COVID-19 pandemic and uneven progress across the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, the SDG Moment will:
- Set out a vision for a Decade of Action and recovering better from COVID-19;
- Provide a snapshot on SDG progress;
- Highlight plans and actions to tackle major implementation gaps
- Demonstrate the power and impact of action and innovation by SDG stakeholders.
All Member States and Observers are invited to participate in the SDG Moment at the level of Head of State and Government and registration details have been provided bilaterally.
In addition approximately 20 Heads of State and Government will make specific contributions to the meeting. Details will be set out in updated meeting programme.
Dedicated arrangements are being put in place to ensure stakeholder contributions to the meeting including from civil society, the private sector, local and regional authorities, and academia.
- Welcome by the moderator
- Vision for Decade of Action by the Secretary-General
- The People’s address
Part 1: SDG Reality check
- SDG Progress – global picture
- SDG Progress – region by region perspective
- SDG Progress – implications and solutions
Part 2: SDG Gaps and Plans – interventions by nominated Heads of State and Government
Part 3: SDG Opportunity – contributions from stakeholders