- This event has passed.
Tomorrow’s Energy Leaders: Shaping Up for Net Zero
Emerging findings from the Energy Institute’s #Generation2050 global survey of young professionals suggest future energy leaders with vision, a broad knowledge base and communication skills will outperform those with specialist technical, science and engineering backgrounds.
As part of the Climate Week NYC 2020 events program, the Energy Institute is hosting a special free webinar bringing together a panel of young energy innovators and entrepreneurs from around the world to discuss:
- Their motivations, experiences and tips for success in founding/leading an innovative clean energy business.
- Their message to leaders across the energy sector today about the necessary response to global social and environmental concerns.
- Whether the move from conventional fuels calls for unconventional leadership.
This event is primarily aimed at young energy professionals, but of interest to the broader energy and climate change community. The Energy Institute is the global chartered professional membership organisation for the energy sector, bringing together expertise for urgent global challenges.
- (Chair) Sinead Obeng AMEI, Chair of the Energy Institute Young Professional Council
- Alejandro De La Fuente, CEO, Next-e – Based in Mexico, Next-e is the digital energy ecosystem of the future – humanized consumer and business software able to solve the energy problems that we face on a daily basis.
- Joanne Hubbard, CEO, Electron – Electron is a London-based entech company, deigning and building the digital infrastructure that will enable the transition to cheaper, cleaner power.
- Anshul Patel, Chief Commercial Officer, Bboxx – Bboxx exists to solve energy poverty, providing decentralised energy solutions to more than one million people in in eleven African and Asian countries.
- Rolake Rosiji, Country Manager, Nigeria at M-KOPA Solar – M-KOPA is a solar energy and fintech company that has pioneered the Pay As You Go solar business in Africa, providing 950,000 individuals with clean, safe lighting solutions.
- Frank Phuan, CEO & Executive Director, Sunseap Group – Sunseap is the largest clean energy solutions provider in Singapore, with a portfolio of pipeline and completed projects that is close to 2 GigaWatt-peak (GWp) of solar projects in Singapore and around the South East Asia and Pacific region.