The planetary health framework advances integrated responses to leading development challenges – poverty, ill-health, environmental degradation, climate change, and gender inequality. This side-event focuses on how the global community can move from concept to action in implementing the planetary health approach, and how planetary health approaches can accelerate progress on the Sustainable Development Goals and the pledge to leave no one behind.
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, UNDP
- Laurie Garrett, Senior Fellow, Global Health Council on Foreign Relations
- Michael Myers, Managing Director, Rockefeller Foundation
- Anthony Capon, Professor of Planetary Health, University of Sydney
- Andy Haines, Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Doaa Abdel-Motaal, Executive Director, Rockefeller Foundation Economic Council on Planetary Health, Oxford Martin School
- Macharia Kamau, Ambassador, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Kenya to the United Nations and Special Envoy on SDG Implementation and Climate Change